Wednesday, 1 May 2013

A badge of honour

Over the last couple of days I have been lucky enough to have been nominated TWICE for the Liebster award. I’m super new to all this blogging lark, so I got onto google to learn a bit about it. There’s no actual award, but more of a badge to wear with pride. New bloggers nominate the blogs that they love and the nominees in turn nominate their favourite blogs. That’s why I’m so flattered to have been nominated by both Sawdust On My Boot and A Lovely Little Addiction. Thank you both so much I really do appreciate it. So, for the fabulous people I have nominated, here are the Liebster rules:


  1. List 11 facts about yourself
  2. Answer the 11 questions I have answered below
  3. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate
  4. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award
  5. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.

11 facts about myself…
I am really competitive; I ran the London Marathon in 2003; I once swam from the Isle of Wight back to the mainland; Whilst at University I learnt to fly an aeroplane; I travelled around Venezuela and stayed with a tribe on the Orinoco Delta; I got drunk and fell down the stairs of Raymond Blanc’s Le Manoir; I went whitewater rafting and skydiving on the same day; I once did the walk of shame dressed as Lara Croft; I once rolled off a car roof; My favourite person on television is David Attenborough; I got married in a museum.

11 questions answered…
1. Why did you start blogging?
Because I was totally inspired by the wonderful blog of my good friend Maz at The Maz Shack (#2)
2. If you could eat lunch anywhere in the world, where and what would you eat?
I would go back to the Venezuelan jungle and eat plantain with the tribe there.
3. Whom, what, where does your blogging inspiration come from?
I love to write about things I’ve done with my daughter, my running training, my work or take my subjects from reviews or sponsored posts to fuel my imagination!
4. How do you handle a stressful day?
I’m not really a stressy sort of person, I take things in my stride.
5. What do you hope that your children remember about you?
My impression of our cross-eyed, shot-jawed staffy dog. It’s my party piece.
6. What is your favorite recipe?
What I cooked this evening! Tomato and mushroom risotto topped with asparagus, a poached duck egg and a grating of cheese
7. What is your favorite quote?
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” - Mae West
8. What projects are you working on right now?
I’m running a start-up business for a friend, loving my blog and training for a half-marathon
9. What is the best thing about you?
My daughter
10. Will you follow the bloggers that you nominate?
I already have in some form; I can only manage to get my head around google, bloglovin and twitter though so I’ve followed them all in one of those ways!
11. What makes you giggle?
My husband. He rarely means to do so.

Here are the blogs I nominated for the Liebster award. I really think that several of these people would just adore each other’s blogs so please do check them out. Thank you :)

Sawdust on My Boot- http://sawdustonmyboot.com/
A Lovely Little Addiction- http://www.alovelylittleaddiction.com/
Powered by tea and gossip http://poweredbyteaandgossip.com/
City to Sticks http://citytosticks.com/